Hotkeys Bug?

I'm not sure what your point is?

I'm reporting that the interface says that the Cancel Target is "J" when I use the appended file, but pressing J does nothing. This seems like a bug.

Are you saying that "no matter what the GUI says, actually "cancel" is going to be stuck to be "delete""?

I guess that will be good to know, though it would be kinda sucky?

GaJ

So ... you can see my file, right ... it's attached.

I admit that I saw "not used" and I didn't know what "not used" meant. I deduced that this was the slot in the file for "Cancel Target" by it's position. I didn't even know that it was mapped to "delete", since this isn't stated in the file.

The wierd thing is that the J that I put in the file does appear in the GUI!!! The GUI says that "J" is the key for this function... yet it doesn't work that way. Surely that's a bug...

GaJ

The wierd thing is that the J that I put in the file does appear in the GUI!!! The GUI says that "J" is the key for this function... yet it doesn't work that way. Surely that's a bug...

No, its a feature, and they did warn you that the entry is not used.

Trying to use undocumented features is generally not supported, and when they fail it cannot be considered a bug.

Technical information: the delete key is treated differently from a normal letter key, so the code handling this key is at another place than the code handling the hotkeys. It is related to the fact that you cannot map function keys.

The fact that they reserved room for this key indicates that they would like to change this at some time, but the 'not used' comment means that it doesn't work today.

I've mapped the "NOT USED" slot to "X" in the CMSF demo and it works just fine for cancelling target. Two of my buddies have the same setup and it works fine for them too. Not sure why it's not working for the OP, but it does work (at least under CMSF. I haven't gotten CMBN demo working well enough to test it). Maybe try mapping a different key and see what happens?