The ground is changing colors & incorrect unit names

First I just want to say that I absolutely love this game!

I am having a bit of an issue though. The ground texture seems to turn green during play. It doesnt affect the performance, but the whole ground turns either green or blue depending on the color of the deployment zone at the beginning of the match. Does anyone have a fix for this or know what the issue might be?

My second issue is that all the units are named in correctly. I had an infantry unit named M4 Sherman once...which..is clearly incorrect. Is there a patch for this or some other fix?

THanks guys!

Just reinstalled the 1.31 patch and that fixed the naming issue. The wired graphics are still there. I'm downloading a driver update for my graphics card to see if that rectifies the issue. If not I will try a reinstall and manually install the updates one at a time. I'll post again after I try the driver.

I cannot remember exactly now but I had similar problems to you in this.

Pretty sure the solution was to install everything from scratch:

CM:SF, CM:Marines, CM:Brits, CM:NATO then do the final patch to v.1.31. I seem to remember somewhere seeing that CM:NATO patches all the previous.

Contact Schrullenhaft if you are having problems he is the Guru on all this.

This is a bit of a strange problem. As you found out, reinstalling the patches updated the names properly. However your setup/deployment zone ground colors appearing all over the map is strange.

CMSF is an OpenGL game. OpenGL doesn't get as much development time from video card driver developers as DirectX does. So it is possible that there may be bugs in your video drivers. However I really haven't found another case with the same situation where the setup zone's ground color gets duplicated across the map. What video card and what drivers do you have loaded ?

It's possible that reinstalling the game and modules again MIGHT address this issue, but it sounds more like a video driver issue at this point. Here's our Knowledgbase article on reinstalling CMSF. With a reinstall on the same computer and OS you shouldn't have to relicense/activate the game. If you want to, you could unlicense each of the modules BEFORE uninstalling them. Unlicensing the base game (if you licensed it separately with its own key) is a bit harder since some files get replaced with the module installs and that complicates unlicensing a bit.

However I really haven't found another case with the same situation where the setup zone's ground color gets duplicated across the map. What video card and what drivers do you have loaded ?

I can confirm that same effect, like I mentioned above, with the an board Intel video card. It would only appear at certain heights and angles of the camera position.

It is an integrated Intel HD Graphics CoreI3 video card with the most recent driver update. The reinstall didn't have an affect, but it is a video card issue that much is certain. I installed the game on my desktop computer which has a better system setup, and there are no issues. Still I will continue to work on this issue so that maybe some solution could be reached for other players that have a similar video card to my laptop with integrated video card.

So far I have tried the following:

1. Re-install and patching manually from the oldest to most recent patch in order.

Fixed the naming issues but not the video zone color issue.

2. Updated the drivers to the video card.

The color issues from the deployment zones do not appear as often and they only appear when viewing from certain angles rather than all the time. A semi-fix

3. Updated Direct-X

Did nothing to fix it.

If the issue is unique to the Intel integrated video chips, then there is probably little-to-nothing we can do about it (without rewriting parts of the graphic engine). It appears that Intel has a bug in their drivers. Unfortunately OpenGL games are not a priority for them and I don't know when this type of bug will get fixed. It may get fixed at some unknown point in the future, especially if some other well known game is suffering issues because of it.

The DirectX update is a good idea, but since the game uses the OpenGL graphics API it wouldn't really address what is happening here.