Tank blocked but not immobile

In Closing the Pocket (turn-based) I have one M-10 which is blocked somehow at the bridge leading to the crossroads. It is not immobile, but every time I order the guy to move he forgets the order immediately. I don't see a threat or so ... would you want save file?

I had something similar with a Sherman in the tutorial game.

I sent it over the bridge to the farm - after the farm was conquered, and it started to behave strange just over the bridge. I ordered it to move along the water ditch, but it decided to slowly drive into the ditch, with a very small angle. It even managed to climb onto the ground on the other side of the ditch, but then it didn't want to move any more. No damage was visible, no visible effort to get out of mud or something. It was still shooting though.

IIRC, the bridge to the farm in the tutorial is a foot bridge and will not support vehicular traffic.

Steve

I know. I talk about the "Closing the Pocket" battle. I crossed through the gully. I am on the other side on the right corner (seen from the US player). The tank is not immobile, but it can't move forward nor reverse. It is simply stuck.

I know. I talk about the "Closing the Pocket" battle. I crossed through the gully. I am on the other side on the right corner (seen from the US player). The tank is not immobile, but it can't move forward nor reverse. It is simply stuck.

Could be bogged, that close to the bank. But then, the UI would state so.

This just in from NormalDude on the Closing the Pocket AAR thread:

RE: the bocage on the flank. There are no gaps in it except for the entrances, so it is indeed impassable. Like the river, it is to prevent edge-hugging past either side.

He probably put some sort of impassable terrain tiles there.

If you could upload a save or at least a screenshot, that would help.

If you could upload a save or at least a screenshot, that would help.

Here we go. The M-10 on the left can't move. No movement order works. They are all ignored.

The other M-10 can't cross the bridge either. When I give the order to cross the bridge the pause counter sets to 6 seconds counts down to 0. sets to 6 again and so on.

What strange behavior was it doing?

When it came from the bridge, it made a backwards 270 degree turn instead of just turning right 90 degrees. That I corrected halfway the procedure, just before it was going to run into the bridge walls.

Next turn it was driving slowly into the water, while I ordered it to move parallel:it had changed its movement direction 10 degrees to the right.

It actually drove for quite a while through the water ditch.