How do I change to direct hotkey mode on a mac?

Oh I agree, it is a bit unwieldy. Though to be fair, once you have it set as you want you aren't likely to ever touch it again. In theory.

In practise I found out today that my CMSF hotkeys.txt has mysteriously disappeared. I was looking to use it a a basis for my CMBN hotkeys.txt but it is gone and I sure didn't move it.

Don't relish fiddling around with it again. :(

If I remember the discussions from when CM:SF came out, direct hotkeys were not BFCs idea on how they expected people to play. They thought the numpad system (u,i,o etc) and using the F keys to switch between tabs would be ideal.

Which I adapted to after awhile, but many people don't like. The solution BFC put in was the manual edit. Either the engine is too hard to adjust, or they just don't think enough people are using direct hotkeys to justify the time to change it.

Either the engine is too hard to adjust' date=' or they just don't think enough people are using direct hotkeys to justify the time to change it.[/quote']I doubt it's the latter. I've showed the CMSF demo to two people and the first thing they both complained about was the control system (relative keys and odd camera controls). It's also the thing I found the most bothersome, as well. Once I figured out how easy it is to change the hotkeys.txt file, my friends were practically begging me for my hotkeys file.