New ROTATE Command

New ROTATE Command

In thinking of the how’s, and why’s of how I use cover arcs I would find the following command useful, convenient and graphically more pleasing.

I would say that 90% of the time I set arcs it is just to get the turret to face in a preferred direction. What this new ROTATE command would do is allow the player to do that without the constant need to draw arcs, nor worry that his arc is not big enough to ignore something it should not. It merely points the turret in a desired direction with no restriction, or limitations associated with arcs. Instead of drawing an arc it would look like the facing line, but a different color short line. This is quicker, less tedious than having to draw many arcs for each waypoint in many cases, and would eliminate the need for drawing so many taking away from the eye candy as visual for arcs do IMO.

Arcs are necessary for sure and are needed on certain occasions, but other than what I mentioned in wanting to face turret in certain direction most of the time I only use them on ambush along with hide, and in rare occasions to concentrate on specific area for fear of ignoring threats that may pop up outside the arc.

In essence this creates a quick, max 180 degree arc, but with no restriction for things that fall outside of the 180 degrees. It just points the turret in a direction. Either this, or other some way of creating quick, max 180 degree arcs, but I would prefer this as it is more efficient, and would look nicer than the need for so many 180 degee neon yellow headlights. This would fall under the Combat commands similar to FACE command. I think with this people would find they have to use cover arc much less.

Just food for thought for the community.

Thanks, Glad you like the idea. This would act similiar to, and be canceled just the same as arcs except you do not draw an arc just point to desired direction like using face. Just like giving genralized arc over wide area, but without the restrictions of bounderies, and depth. Depth is important I think ony in ambushes. This only turns turret, or tell infantry to look in a direction after a facing movement. For example: To fit the sqaud in a trench good you give Face order 90 degree to trench. If enemy is more left or right of desired facing for better placement, you can still get them to concentrate looking in a particular direction with having it effect a better facing placement. To do the last example again you have to draw an arc which this eliminates.

Yes, also currently it's time consuming and irritating to have to do 180 degree arcs.

While the 360 degree arc is interesting, I find the 180 degree arc is needed far more times, and it was great in CM1 to be able to create those so quickly.

I also wish the arc wasn't so bright yellow. It often obscures the terrain and acts as comouflage. I frequently have to turn the arc on and off to check what is in it. Another time-consuming and irritating chore.