Full Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic with 41.09 Detonators

Originally posted by Terrapin:

Really? It must be a motherboard issue, because we're talking about the same drivers, and largely the same card (4200 ti).

I have an AMD-761 reference board, is everyone else on VIA boards? Have you updated the 4-in-1 drivers for it? Will that help?

That might well be it--you have AMD north and south bridges. Most AMD 761 boards still have a VIA Southbridge. I am on a VIA KT400 with a Ti4400, so that also could be an issue. As for the 4 in 1s, I am still on the 4.43s--quite solid by all reports. I want to let the early adopters see if the 4.45s work before making the switch.

WWB

Ok, just figured out from another thread (see thread "Minimize / Restore Blackout?") where the blank "blackout" screen figures into my problems. Seems that after installing the 328310 XP "hotfix" update, there is an issue with Alt-Tab minimize/restore functionality and CMBB/BO which causes a black game screen after Alt-Tabbing. With the 40 series drivers and AA, the Alt-Tab function (after applying the update)effectively causes the CMBB game screen to "blackout". Thus with AA selected and the need to Alt-Tab to see in-game text the game becomes unplayable. Arrghhh.... :mad:

[ December 21, 2002, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: MRoadster ]