Cmsf Demo

Hi dudes,

I'm very familiar with CMBB and CMAK games.

But fresh in CMX2 engine and CMSF game.

I 'm a little bit trouble to select my troops and targeting the enemy.

Is it difficult according to the CMX1 engine or only my incapability?

Thanks in advancefor your comments and appreciate for your valuable suggestions.

I'm very familiar with CMBB and CMAK games.

But fresh in CMX2 engine and CMSF game.

I 'm a little bit trouble to select my troops and targeting the enemy.

Is it difficult according to the CMX1 engine or only my incapability?

Selecting units.

* Click a unit with the left mouse button to select it. (same as CMx1)

* To select multiple units at once, you have to hold shift while you drag your mouse over the units you want with the left button held down (different to CMx1).

* To add units to ones you already have selected, use shift-click. Same as CMx1.

* You can use '+' (actually '=') and '-' to step through your force, one unit at a time. (Same as CMx1.) If you have no unit selected, pressing either of these keys will select one for you (not sure which one). Same as CMx1.

Targetting the enemy

This is quite different in many ways, but the default easiest way is quite similar:

* Select a unit

* Press 'T' and you'll get a targetting line. This also functions as a Line of Sight tool.

There are lots of other options for targetting, but I'm not going to rewrite the manual here. Just one more thing.

The spacebar menu

This method of issuing orders works the same all the time, so is easy for me to describe.

* Select a unit

* press the space bar; a menu will appear

* select an order from the menu.

Easy as that.

1. While several type troops are bordered in a carrier, I 'm trying to select in order to off-load them one after one..

I'm selecting one type troop and after giving orders , when I want to select the other one, I can't easily point out without changing camera position.

Is the same for eveyone?

2. The enemy targeting is very hard, I can't easily locate target points on enemy.

3. Move orders need micromanagement, The path can't be placed at fist try on desired position without necassary zooming.

In CMX1 seems a little bit easier than CMX2 accoring to the my point of view.

1. While several type troops are bordered in a carrier, I 'm trying to select in order to off-load them one after one..

I'm selecting one type troop and after giving orders , when I want to select the other one, I can't easily point out without changing camera position.

Is the same for eveyone?

2. The enemy targeting is very hard, I can't easily locate target points on enemy.

3. Move orders need micromanagement, The path can't be placed at fist try on desired position without necassary zooming.

In CMX1 seems a little bit easier than CMX2 accoring to the my point of view.

1. I find it easier to click on the unit floating icon, depending on the view.

2. Sometimes, it is possible that you can see and enemy but not target it because it's not always possible to shoot what you see. If this is not the case, try targeting the floating icon above the enemy troops.

3. This is the same as in CMx1. The only difference is that the move order will "snap" to the grid. In CMx1 this was not the case and as long as the movement order was inside a tile, the unit would get there.

Anyway every new game takes some getting used too, it just depends whether you like it enough to keep trying :).

1. I find it easier to click on the unit floating icon, depending on the view.

2. Sometimes, it is possible that you can see and enemy but not target it because it's not always possible to shoot what you see. If this is not the case, try targeting the floating icon above the enemy troops.

3. This is the same as in CMx1. The only difference is that the move order will "snap" to the grid. In CMx1 this was not the case and as long as the movement order was inside a tile, the unit would get there.

Anyway every new game takes some getting used too, it just depends whether you like it enough to keep trying :).

Thanks for your suggestions and comments

My experience with newbies is that they often forget to de-select before selecting the next unit, which can give comical results if they try to give a bunch of units movement commands, and it results in the first unit running back and forth.

Yes. Definitely. I meant to mention this. Would it be impossibly confusing (barring an obviously traumatic transitional period :) ) to have 'select' on the left button and 'act' on the right?

My experience with newbies is that they often forget to de-select before selecting the next unit, which can give comical results if they try to give a bunch of units movement commands, and it results in the first unit running back and forth.

I did that! :D