Infantry and Demo Charges

I have been trying to get these guys to use there Demo charges, but can't. especially when I need a mouse hole in a wall, or take down a wall to get through a perimeter. Many time these red guys are hiding in buildings away from the battle area and I have to hunt them down. For instance the German's airport Attack in Syria. I know I just need to stick to the objectives but many times there in a reverse attack from behind area. Is there away to get the tanks to take a wall down all-so?

1) It is not hard to plot a BLAST command for engineers with charges. But, you have to do it right. You want to have the engineers move close to the wall you want destroyed and plot a blast command as close to 90 degrees as you can on the OTHER side of the wall. The engineers will blast a hole and assault through the wall. However, if you only want them to breach the wall but DON'T want them to assault through the wall, you need to plot the BLAST waypoint on THEIR side of the wall. They will blow up the wall, but will stay on the same side as where they started. The trick is the close to 90% angle of the BLAST waypoint to the wall.

2) You can target any gun to shoot at a wall, and after a certain number of rounds depending on shell/blast size, the wall will be breached.

yeep thats what it was it was driving me insane, but I got it to work. Great use of tactics now. So who does the mine location the engineers don't seem to have the ability?

All so I'm having an insane fun with all the toys in there.

More Demo charges for ALL units would be a great addition. All units in MOUNT combat have access to Demo charges (if needed).

More gernades and more smoke are needed as well. Really wish this simple add on could be included in the last CMSF patch (1.31).

AFAIK even Engineers can only "find" minefields when they walk thru one that blows up. Then they can mark the minefield, but no removal in CM2 as engineers could in CM1 cos it' was deemed by the grognard milpros as "unrealistic."

That's good to know. Thanks. Wish that sort of info was in the manual... Presumably then one can detonate an IED with direct fire with an HE chucker?

However, aside from those IED taxis, I didn't realize that one could SEE an IED in the first place? (Or am I confused with mines, which I know you can never see until they blow someone up?)

I vaguely recall that one can destroy minefields with heavy arty, but maybe I am confused with CM1.

I don't "know", but have faint memories of discussions. A search will get it.

Pretty sure I've had regular grenades mess up a BRT and force an abandon vehicle.

He he, I love the close stuff but don't have to do it so much these days- has something gone wrong...