Wingen-sur-Moder

Originally posted by Frenchy:

Shameless plug department...

http://www.merriam-press.com/mono_200/m079.htm

Edited by yours truly. We need 50 orders for a first run. Any help we can get is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hmmm... may have to pick this one up. I have Seven Days in January, and the battle has interested me ever since

Gents, thanks very much. The book will not be printed until 50 orders (soft and hard cover) have been received by Merriam Press. The PDF version does not count toward this total.

I am to receive the final proof copy for a final look over this week.

[ February 23, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Frenchy ]

Have to concur with Berli's assessment of Seven Days in January. It is an outstanding narrative of a very important battle.

FYI - I know that Army historian, Col. Hugh Foster, has been working on a book on the battle of Reipertswiller, where elements of the 6th SS Mountain Division surrounded and virtually annihilated the 157th Infantry Regiment of the 45th Infantry Division.

Perhaps these battles in NE France are finally getting their due...

The author's writing style is very good, and the way it is organized is fantastic. Basically, each chapter covers a day and is broken into three parts. First he gives an overview of what was happening throughout Nordwind. Then he covers what the 6th SS did that day in detail. Then he covers what the Americans facing them did that day. You can pull very detailed order of battle information for both sides from the text and the maps of Wingen-sur-Moder are priceless

• 1 month later...