one last problem (I hope)

Anyway, I got most of the game installed, but now I can't access the NATO games and campaigns. They show up, but they are greyed out like I haven't purchased the game. I bought the CMSF base game and the package of all three addons. I installed the main game, then the addons, then the 1.21 patch, then the NATO addon, and then the 1.31 patch just like I was supposed to and at each stop I was asked for and gave the license number (at one point this began to feel like I was joining the masons again) Everything really seemed fine, the game loaded and everything, but I can't access the NATO games.

Yeah, I'll bet y'all are wanting to claim me as a dependant on your tax returns now, huh?

I assume that when CMSF loads up that you do NOT see the NATO Leopard icon in the lower left-hand corner of the main menu, is that correct ?

When you applied the 1.31 patch, did you make sure to select ALL of the modules during the patch. If you forgot to select the NATO module in the patch, then the executable will load up a version that does not support the NATO module.

You may want to try reinstalling the 1.31 patch again and double check your selections.

now I can't figure out how to uninstall the module without uninstalling the whole thing game and God knows I don't want to go through that again if I can help it. Is there a chance I didn't install my license for this particular module correctly, if so how do you get it to ask you for the number again?

this is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I got bored, so I figured I'd just try to play some of the marines games. at that point I loaded the game and I realized I no longer had any of the modules. So I tried reinstalling them. I got the same error message, and it said the changes had been rolled back, however when I checked the game the module had returned. I did the same with both marines and brits with the same result - the modules were back. Then I added the 1.21 patch and once again it said access denied and rolled back the changes, but when I checked the game it said I was now up to 1.21. So I tried to install NATO, same thing. Access denied, abort, the computer said it rolled back the changes. However, this time when I checked my game my version was up top 1.30 but NONE of my modules were active. This is crazy! I need xanax.

If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then I HIGHLY recommend that your right-click on the installers/patches and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. That MIGHT address the issues you're seeing with "access denied", etc.

The 1.21 patch does NOT support the NATO module, so when you install that, the NATO module will definitely disappear.

Again, you need to make sure to make the correct selections during the patching process or you will get an executable installed that does not support the modules you have. I can't remember the details, but I believe the defaults to the patches are NOT AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED FOR ALL MODULES. That means you have to manually make the correct selections to patch all of the modules or they will disappear.

I suggest reinstalling the 1.21 patch, again making sure to make the correct selections. Then reinstall the NATO module. Then install the 1.31 patch and make sure to make the correct selections during the patching process.

nope, same problem. When I use run as administrator, and I was already putting the patchs in the correct order.

I wonder - I used to have CMSF, MArines, and Brits on this computer, but my computer screwed up and I lost the games. I had purchased the CDs and not the downloads. Well, I had lost my CDs so I had to buy the games again. Now that I think about it, I nver unlisenced the games that I lost. I wonder if the fact that I have two active licenses for the games and all modules except NATO on the same computer is somehow throwing a wrench in the works.

Not that I know of. If you are using the same OS (that has been 'reformatted' or 'reinstalled' or 'upgraded'), then the license key will remain when you reinstall the game. Assuming nothing happened to the registry settings, then you should not get prompted to license the game again when you reinstall it. It sees the license activated on that computer and runs.

However if you did 'reformat', 'reinstall' or 'upgrade' your OS, then there is a very good chance that the registry information was destroyed and you 'lost' those license key activations (because you didn't get a chance to unlicense them). Reinstalling the game again and licensing it will not run into a strange situation since the eLicense software and registry keys have to be restored with a relicensing and there would be no 'conflict' since that information is gone.

In CMSF the lower left-hand corner will load up with icons indicating the modules that this installation will support. Those would be the 'CMSF Stryker', 'Marines LAV', 'British Challenger' and 'NATO Leopard'. If you don't see all of these icons, then either the executable itself doesn't support that module or the module's executable file is not present. The 1.10 patch only supports the base game and the Marines module. The 1.21 patch supports the base game, Marines and British Forces modules. The 1.31 patch supports the base game and all of the modules (Marines, British Forces & NATO).

Uninstalling the modules typically is NOT possible. The current executable for the base game is different with each module installed and it typically gets 'overwritten' rather than backed up (I assume). If you unlicense a module, you will not be able to play that CMSF installation until you either re-license that module or reinstall everything and get rid of that module during the installation process (basically - not install it).

Assuming nothing has happened to the OS or some security software hasn't interfered, you can uninstall CMSF (possibly manually, for some portions) and then reinstall everything from scratch. If you did not unlicense anything, then you typically should NOT be prompted to license that game/module again.

With some security software you may need to make 'exceptions/trusts' for either the executable files and/or the directories so that they don't get 'scanned' or some other security feature run against them. Occasionally with some programs you may need to turn off or 'except' their 'heuristic' scanning, since that may identify some of the files as viruses/trojans due to their eLicense encryption.

At this point I recommend reinstalling EVERYTHING and following the above linked instructions to our Knowledgebase article on doing this. If necessary, uninstall and then manually delete whatever is left BEFORE reinstalling. I suggest right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" on both the installer and when you launch the game. You will probably also want to temporarily disable all of your security software during the installation process and also set those 'exceptions' I mentioned earlier so that the software doesn't interfere during normal operations when it is enabled.