Is the action recorded in a logfile?

Hi, newbie question here, are all game events recorded in a logfile somewhere, so the action can be reviewed afterwards? I can't see a mention of it in the manual...

No.

The closest you can get is a replay on a turn by turn basis if you play WEGO.

So you play Turn 1, have an opportunity to review the replay, then when satisfied move on to Turn 2.

At the end of Turn 2 you have an opportunity to review the replay for Turn 2 but can't review Turn 1 any more*

and so on.

* Not totally correct, I you save each turn you can load the turns and review its replay as often as you want but with say a 90 min game, saving 90 turns is a inefficient way of reviewing the whole battle in one minute blocks (but there currently is no alternative).

There is a way, but would probably take much disk space. Using FRAPS you can make a movie of each replay and play them back in order in windows media player or the like. Other than that I know of no other way, but it would be very nice to have an easier way to watch an entire game replay.

There is a way, but would probably take much disk space. Using FRAPS you can make a movie of each replay and play them back in order in windows media player or the like. Other than that I know of no other way, but it would be very nice to have an easier way to watch an entire game replay.

Except that only gives you the viewpoint as recorded by Fraps.

The only way to keep a record from every vantage point is the collection of replay turns that I specified above.

Hi, newbie question here, are all game events recorded in a logfile somewhere, so the action can be reviewed afterwards? I can't see a mention of it in the manual...

No, but it would be great.

Something like:

34:15: Tank X hits tank Y with 76 mm AP from 1200 m. Plate thickness 23 mm, angle from plate normal 12 degrees. Full penetration. Two crew members injured. Radio knocked out.

... in a text file would be great for debugging. I do not think it would be hard to do, either, except for the fact that nobody has time for it.

Best regards,

Thomm