A Couple of Mapmaking Questions

Once again, I've changed my approach :rolleyes: although only a little this time. I'm now quickly roughing out the fence/hedge lines from a high level zoom based on the 1947 photo, then going back and detailing the fence/hedge lines to get them smooth and connected. Then the fields get populated with crops (based on the photo). Next up are gates and gaps in the fence/hedge lines, and modifying the type of fence/hedge (bocage/low bocage/wire/rural stone) based on the photo. Then there's the buildings and in-field trees, and finally the bocage gets detailed. 'Tall yellow' where there is grass, then pseudo-random application of trees and bushes - again based on the photo - then finally brush.

I've just about completed a full row of five 500x500 squares. The fence/hedge lines are in in detail, the crops and trees are in. There is still a small hamlet or farm to finish, then then bocage lines to detail.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images