Battle groups - add/edit/delete?

Lemonade

I think its possible to manually edit the .xml files in the folder for the campaign. But when i tired to do just that thing the campaign runs fine with the edited battlegroups but the saves for it wont work. :confused:

I find it very strange that it lets me play the edited campaign but not save it.

You should edit these files using Mission Editor (MissionEditor\Editor.exe). Run it, left-click Templates menu and then Load Army Template, choose an XML file from Generator\CAMPAIGNS\USA folder (or PRK folder). Edit army pool using the list on the right as you see fit (placement of these units on the empty map doesn't mean anything in case of Army template). Make sure to use Save Army Template command to save your changes.

Okay, so I have CAMPAIGNS/USA/USA_infantry_template_m4.xml open, which I believe is Ist Corps (as it has helis) from the main US campaign. Where do I change the battle group's name? Also, can I edit individual unit names somehow?

Okay, I slowly begin to understand. The names are in the texts.utf8 file (Battle Group #.Name and Battle Group #.FullName) in the campaign folder and are linked with the battle groups from campaign.xml file via their unique ID#. However changing the default unit names from "Rifle Squad", etc. to something else remains a mystery for me. The unit name attribute in the mission editor does nothing. Same with changing single infantrymen names to something constant, like Lt. Col. Charles Smith. It just doesn't seem to work. Are the Human->Person->Name and LastName properties there just for kicks?