Mortars

goodwood

gunner skill is suppose to do the job, as, actually, i did not reach big level of gunnery on any of my mortar crews, i can't say if this works exactly as it is in TOW Kursk and Caen.

anyway, with a low skill crew, do not target a point but a circular sector around that point. fx the middle of a village to drop shells all over the place. In Kursk/Caen, with full skill, i was able to destroy the target with only a few shots, with a new damage model, i don't know if mortars are still as efficient as they were.

Indirect fire accuracy of mortars and Howitzer in TOW depends both on the gunners gunnery skills and range to the target. Even a green mortar crew can be devastating if they keep close from the squads they're supporting.

The accuracy increases significantly if some allied unit has line of sight to the intended target. In effect, it means that even if there are no dedicated artillery spotters in the game, any allied unit having line of sight on an ennemy unit can act as a spotter and will increase the accuracy of indirect fire support weapons.

Mortars and howitzer are still as efficient as they where in ToW2. With the new fragmentation model, it's the guns with shallow shell trajectories that are a bit less efficient than before.

About mortar shell(s): I noticed that mortar shell is so uneficient, I observe direct hit into fox holes, about lets say two or so meters from enemies, not even one kill. I am former infantry soldier, been in war in Croatia, and I am competent to say that is not possible to survive almost direct hit of 81 mm shell from mortar into foxholes... And I noticed that mortar shell go upside down from the tube :)

Ok, this is minor glitch in I must say incredible game. I bought every one of TOW game and I loved it very much.

Regards, Ozren