Tooltips?

Something that when I first played CMSF confused me alot of time was the widespread lack of tooltips throughout the UI. There are a lot of graphical symbols, which are indeed explained in the manual, but why not implement those right into the game? I mean when you put the cursor over the squad's weapons, it shows the name. But many other symbols like the ranks, the different means of communication, etc. are not given tooltips in CMSF.

Ok, when you're a little into the game you know most of the icons, but for newer players I reckon it can be very confusing.

Is this different in CMBN? I would especially like tooltips for rank symbols, since I'm not eager to learn all those different symbols for each army by heart.

Thats what I said, but why not make them for all icons in the user interface, can't be that much effort behind, and it increases user-friendlyness, especially to those new to the game who want to find stuff out by themselves instead of looking into the manual.

And, I already mentioned it, tooltips for rank icons I would personally consider usefull, since right now, they don't mean anything to me, since I do not know each and every rank in the US or Syrian army plus the module armys. And in CMBN there will be Wehrmacht, US army, then Waffen-SS (if they use collar tabs for rank icons), Luftwaffe (same here), Commonwealth army, etc.

Not something of real importance for the game, but actually knowing what ranks your units have helps with immersion I guess.