Morale Effects and questions

How can tell how much your Morale is affected when you lose units?

For example, how can tell how much Morale is lowered when you lose a battleship?

When you lose a Corp?

Is Morale at all related to your total casualties in manpower? If so, how much?

What are those numbers at the top for Morale; Germany has 45,000; England has 50,000., etc?

Hi

Every MPP casualty knocks 1 point off your National Morale.

So those figures you mentioned will decrease every time you suffer any casualties, and as naval units are more expensive than land units, losing a Battleship will knock far more off your National Morale than just losing a Detachment.

There is a section near the start of the 1914 Call to Arms Strategy Guide which explains this in a bit more detail, and it's worth a read!

Wow, I did not know about that Strategy Guide. I read it, very helpful. But I have a question.

If you start with a Battleship (Austria) and it has a Strength of 1. A few turns in, someone sinks it. Do you lose the same amount of Morale as you would on a Battleship Strength of 10?

If so, you can see how I would want to disband some of those Naval Units, but as you said in the other post, you cannot do that.

UFC Addict, the morale loss is calculated when MPP is lost, not when units are lost. Thus, if a piece of artillery of strength 10 loses 5 strength you will lose 150 national morale points. It doesn't matter whether the unit is destroyed or not and so disbanding naval units would not save these national morale points.