Demoralization % for some units

What is this in the Unit Properties screen? I know what Demoralization means, but how does that work?

Tank has it at 25%. So does that mean when you are attacked by a tank, you lose 25% of what you have? or 25% points (if you have a Morale of 30, then a Tank attack would net you a Morale of 5%?).

Does that last for the whole turn? If it only last one turn, do all of the other non-Tank attackers benefit by that demoralization.., for example, you are going to attack a hex with a Tank and two Inf. If you hit with the Tank first, do the 2 attacking Inf also get the benefit of the first Tank assault?

Wow, as I type this, I can see that a Tank can seriously kick your butt. I need to play this more and check them out.

The effectiveness of units in combat is closely entwined with their strength, morale and readiness, so a hit of 25% on their morale by a Tank attack will reduce their abilities quite dramatically.

The effect wears off after a couple of turns, but if combined with other attacks, especially heavy artillery bombardments, if the target unit hasn't been destroyed by the end of your turn then it's certainly going to need a break out of the front lines for rest and recuperation before it's going to be useful again.

Attacks go in a sequence, with the defender getting steadily more demoralized as more attacks go in, so you are right in that infantry attacking after a tank has gone in will do better.

A unit that has a morale of 50% will that gets demoralized 10% will lose 5% morale and its new morale will be 45%. This will reduce the readiness of the unit and thus reduce the damage it does and reduce the reduction in damage it receives on subsequent attacks. There is a formula to determine how fast morale goes up again, which is dependent upon the current morale, the supply and the strength of a unit. So if you greatly reduce the morale of a unit it will take many turns of standing in good supply with a high strength for that unit to recover its morale. You can find these formulas in the manual.

So yes, if you attack a unit with a tank first and then follow up with infantry attacks your infantry will receive less damage and the defending infantry will take more damage. But note that artillery is generally far better in demoralizing enemies as upgraded artillery also demoralizes 25% and it can attack 5 times in a turn.

EDIT: I see Bill already answered your questions. He beat me to it.