Start up screen version number

Yes, it should say 1.31.

Are you using a shortcut to an old version that you have deleted?

Do you have more than one copy installed (perhaps the short cut references the wrong one)?

Do you have more than one .exe file in the folder (perhaps you have both the 1.21 and 1.31 versions for some reason)?

Also I don't know if having the "non Battlefront" version impacts on things or not.

Thanks for helping.

The new patch doesn't install a new .exe. Just the 130 and 131 .brz files in the Data folder and a Miscellaneous folder that has icons etc.

I'm willing to venture that it is because it's a Gamersgate version, despite what was said about patch 1.21 allowing further updates.

"Battlefront.com however continues to improve CMSF, and we want our retail customers not left stranded. This special v1.21 upgrade "converts" your retail game version of CMSF into a "Battlefront version". After you apply this upgrade you will be able to use any future Battlefront.com patches. No special retail patches will be necessary!"

Anyone from Battlefront care to confirm?

Hi Moon,

My AV logs didn't show anything and I disabled it. I'm still not getting a new .exe

Also the update link from the start menu is showing it updated to 1.31.

Other than a complete reinstall, can you recomend anything?

I have a lot of games and no trouble running patches. IE the Battlefront Toolbar installed ok in the Misc folder.

Thanks.

Not sure why it is installing into a sub-folder. It's possible that the installation path is getting appended on to the path that your Gamersgate version of CMSF is installed to.

The 'Paradox 1.21 retail patch' WILL convert your Gamersgate version to a Battlefront eLicense version (because the executable is replaced with one copy-protected by eLicense), but the installation directory will remain the Gamersgate installation path.