Mouse scroll and attacks question

I agree. The whole thing feels sluggish and frankly it is putting me off. Map scrolling is terrible and when more units appear during the war the whole thing gets worse. Even combat is sluggish and selecting and deselecting takes a second,a long time given the number of units .I try and use the global map to jump to my units but the sheer size makes this hit and miss. I like the concept of this game but i am disappointed at the moment. Hope a patch comes out soon because this is a step back for me. Anyone else with these problems or suggestions ?

Al.

I agree again althered, it seems it also happens to you. Plus, I have a top of the lne gaming computer and it roars through all other games. Yeah, I am not that into the game right now, really havent played it much since that has put me off with the very short delay on moving and stuff.

I have a high spec PC too. I saw in another thread that Hubert had removed the full screen toggle so playing in lower resolutions has to be in a window. I have briefly tried playing in a window at lower resolutions but it did not work. I think Hubert also said that pre-release testing suggested that the game did not perform well on Windows 7 (64 bit) which i am running. I cannot find a way to run it in backward compatibility mode at the moment or in full screen at lower video resolutions, but I will keep trying. I am not being negative about this game I just want to play it .Anyone with any suggestions, I.e how to reduce the resolution but still run at full screen ? or does someone know how to overcome windows 7 problems ? .Any help would be much appreciated.

Al.

OK, a bit of tweaking and i have a game which is now playable. Basically you need to temporarily reduce the desktop resolution from 1680x1050 to 1280x800 ,restart the game and adjust the in game resolution to the same (1280x800) .This makes map scrolling much faster and the whole game is a lot slicker. There are drawbacks of course, graphics are now slightly blurry and less impressive and the visible area of the map is a bit smaller, but at least it is now playable. Hope that helps you Huhr.

Al.

Hi Al, Huhr,

There is a hotfix, v1.00.2 that can be found here that will help you adjust the settings more intuitively, i.e. you won't need to change your desktop settings. It can be found under the Strategic Command WWI category:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_versions&Itemid=317

My guess is that some of the latest video cards unfortunately do not support 2D drawing modes that well and I would suggest trying to download the latest video card driver to see if that helps.

With the hotfix what you can do is select a lower resolution and/or try running the game in 'Full Screen' mode to see if that helps. This can be done in game via the SETTINGS dialog.

Game should run fine on all systems including Windows 7, just that we noticed that on some Windows 7 systems running the Aero desktop theme the game would sometimes not gain focus at launch. This seems to be a very rare issue and is not related to what you have described here.

Additionally since the map is much larger it may run a bit slower on some systems but really this should not be as noticeable on higher end computers so when you mention that the game runs smoother at a lower resolution my guess is that it is more video card related.

Hopefully this helps,

Hubert

I have only downloaded the demo so far and played a turn or two myself. I did notice that scrolling is quite a chore and unit selection and moving is really slow. In previous games this was sometimes an issue but there was a video acceleration selection in the settings to fix this, is there anything like that in the full game?

Bill.........

On thing you might want to consider is what your zoom level is. The medium zoom level is horribly slow for me, but if I remain fully zoomed in, it scrolls just fine. The only times I use the mid level zoom is on the oceans for units that move a long way each turn.

• 10 months later...