Is it possible to import stuff from other CMx2 games?

In other words... will it ever be possible to create a WW2 germans (from CMBN) vs. modern day US Army mod? :D Or at least import Afghan maps and Afghans from CM A-Stan to CMSF?

And speaking of WW2 vs Modern Warfare, check out this trilogy of books called The Axis of Time - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_time It basically depicts what happens if a modern day military force fighting the war on terror suddenlly finds itself sent back to World War 2. Just think that might make for an interesting mod, if CMBN + CMSF were ever possible.

The books are not a bad series, not the best I have read but it does spoon up some interesting ideas, especially the concept that future ppl spawning rapid technological development and really changing the course of things.

What is really interesting about the story is the way that people from the future interact with those of the past, especially with the knowledge of "history" they have.

In a word, no, not anything meaningful. You can make the modern Bundeswehr soldiers look like Wehrmacht soldiers, but aside from how politically incorrect that would be (;)), they would still behave like 2008-era Bundeswehr soldiers, no matter how much that Leopard looks like a Tiger. You can make a G36 look like a K98, but it will still fire 5.56x45mm in bursts. ;)

Basically, you can mod textures and sounds, but not gameplay. Clear? :)

Stuff from other games also can't be brought into a different game. BFC could do it (i.e. they can port some of the CM:BN terrain to another CM game in temperate climate), but only they can do it, so they'd have to be interested enough in doing it in order to get that to happen.

As I just posted in another thread, it would be nice to get some of the CMA functionality and toolsets into CMSF (1980s weaponry is still in widespread use) to spice things up and extend the life of the game beyond the Syrian invasion while we await CMSF2.

Agreed. I'd like to see some of it put in as well, as I'll probably be playing CMSF well into the future.