A-H/Italy decision event thoughts

I have just reached Feb. 1915 in my 1914 CtA scenario as the Central Powers. The decision event regarding Austria-Hungary giving land to Italy as a way to keep the Italians out of the war popped up. Since my Austrians were heavily tied down in Serbia and Russia, I decided to give into Italy's demands and hand over the territory... WOW. Austria's morale dropped to 58% and several units took damage to reflect the morale drop. However, Italy's war status dropped to 0, down from around 80% before the event occurred.

I would like to know if Italy's commitment level will stay at 0, or can the Entente work to bring it back up again? Also, what are some suggestions for getting Austria-Hungary's morale back up... taking cities from Russia and Serbia, I assume? Any help would be appreciated!

Dave

In my game vs. the AI, the CPU chose to cede the territory, too. On the face of it, it almost seems a no brainer to essentially write a major power off the board for a bit of territory. I will have to see how much damage the national morale loss does (I immediately attacked in Serbia and Galicia and the A-H units all held their ground) and if Italy indeed does recover some lost love for further vulture behavior.

Italy's mobilization value will only go up again if the Entente use diplomacy to try to activate Italy. This will cost them a lot to do, but it's not impossible so keep an eye out for any mention of Entente diplomatic activities involving Italy. But it is unlikely.

I wouldn't worry too much about A-H's morale at this stage, their units will have lower morale than normal for a while but that will recover, and you are right in thinking that the key to increasing A-H National Morale is to capture some Russian cities.