This is a question for the play testers.

What would you reccommend for difficulty/experience settings for play vs the AI? I would like a challenge, and would hope that the AI could best me at least the first time though the game do you have any reccomendations for balancing? I have a feeling +2 Experience may be too much for this type of entrenched warfare. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bringing up difficulty settings again.

I took Snowstorm's advice and played netural settings, its currently October 1915, and Russia is below 50% and France 52%. In France I have the option now too attack Paris dead on, or flank the remaining entrenched lines near Amiens. Infact the French have only 14 land troops remaining,withoug lifting the FOW i can see they have 3 HQ's 2 Arties, so that means less than 10 Corps remain.

The Russians are also in trouble, as the the Austrians have now brought the fight past the Russian borders. Warsaw and it's surroundings are German garrisoned. In fact the vast FOW areas of Russia have proven scarier than the Russian army itself.

Is this match (not the game itself) a lost cause for the AI? It's hard to guage with the new rules, but I'd like to restart if I'm cake walking the game without adjusting the AI settings.

Advice playtesters/Hubert?

It really depends as the National Morale factor can still give you a tight game as the Central Powers, i.e. one report from the Beta testers was a game where Germany had just defeated Russia and barely took Paris by game's end otherwise he might have lost due to low morale.

It might be a good exercise to play the game to completion to see just how the final years play out for you at the current level but otherwise playing a new game at one of the harder levels might be more appropriate. I'd even suggest to try at the same level of difficulty you've played previous releases and go from there to see how the current game stacks up.