Hammertime!

I've just discovered the NATO module has a version of GeorgeMc's Scenario 'Hammertime' which was one of my favourite scenario's from the early days of SF. The NATO version replaces the US troops with a German mech company and looks like it will be very bit as good. I must have missed it when NATO first came out but I'm about to remedy that oversight.

Does anyone know whether there was ever a Brit module version of this? I'd love to try it with Warriors and Challys.

I've just discovered the NATO module has a version of GeorgeMc's Scenario 'Hammertime' which was one of my favourite scenario's from the early days of SF. The NATO version replaces the US troops with a German mech company and looks like it will be very bit as good. I must have missed it when NATO first came out but I'm about to remedy that oversight.

Does anyone know whether there was ever a Brit module version of this? I'd love to try it with Warriors and Challys.

Well if not you can always edit the units in the editor and add what you want :)

I was thinking of doing that actually. I'm not really a huge fan of altering someone else's scenario in case I screw up some particular balance issue or something, but I am quite curious about how it would play with Brits.

Well since it is in the confines of your PC it can be your little secret ;)

Cheers for the feedback - very much appreciated :) Yeah the German version is called "Halt Hammerzeit!" - it's a differant beast than playing with the US for sure. I also rejigged the Red AI Plans somewhat. I did start making a Brit version but it was shelved due to other pressing tasks. I'll see about re-doing it with Brit units in the near future :)

Cheers fur noo

George

It is a very excellent map. I've started the German version, but I fear my lack of understanding for the capabilities of their forces somewhat limits my success. I DL'ed the original version last night and I've never systematically destroyed so many farms and hamlets in my life. I'm usually pretty conservative with my arty assets and only target know enemy positions, but I've pretty much thrown all of that in the wind on this one. I've made it to the second PL and am about to assault the town. Here's to my soldiers success.

It is a very excellent map. I've started the German version, but I fear my lack of understanding for the capabilities of their forces somewhat limits my success. I DL'ed the original version last night and I've never systematically destroyed so many farms and hamlets in my life. I'm usually pretty conservative with my arty assets and only target know enemy positions, but I've pretty much thrown all of that in the wind on this one. I've made it to the second PL and am about to assault the town. Here's to my soldiers success.

Good luck :) I must admit I finder it tougher withe the Germans due to the small size of their panzergrenadier sections.

Cheers fur noo

George