CMA Demo - setup error

If you have an anti-virus/security program running during the download, then there is the potential for having the file corrupted during the download. This normally shouldn't be the case, but sometimes some security software can interfere with some downloads and cause the data to be corrupted or for the download to not finish properly. In situations like this I would normally expect the installer to crash almost immediately when you attempt to run it. You may want to temporarily disable any security software you may be running during the download and then scan the file AFTER downloading it.

The specific CMA Demo file I have on hand has a file name of 'CMA_DEMO_v101_Setup.exe' and is 370,877,100 bytes in size (NOT 'Size on disk').

No, Avira usually doesn't have problems (I use the free version on a number of computers myself), though it might be a good idea to temporarily disable it during the download. Sometimes it may be an issue with the computer being busy enough during the download and having the anti-virus check that incoming data, that something may not quite come down correctly and result in corruption.

What site are you downloading the demo from ? You may want to try a different one and see if you get a different result.