Victory Conditions appeal to designers

Just finished "A Trouble In Herat" which is a CMA scenario but serves as an example.

It's a great situation and I loved playing it (assault into a town by the Soviets)

But, after each session of play I would save and ceasefire to get an idea of my progress as am not experienced as the Soviets.

After the first 20 mins I had a "Minor Victory." But, every time I saved and checked after that and including the final result, I also had a "Minor Victory."

It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game, but I wonder what is the point of Victory Conditions at all if they really don't change much regardless of your progress.

So, when designing, please make victory conditions that change with progress.

Thanks...

I presume you are not talking about any of my missions? I design them so that very good players will be able to get Total Victories while lesser mortals, myself included, will get a lesser result depending on how many friendly casualties we've taken or civilians we've killed while performing our mission. I've been making them that way since 'USMC Second Storm'. I think it's a good thing to have a wide spread of possible results.

Yes I agree. I think I already went on the record as saying how much I like your scenarios and campaigns as they have that "je ne sais quoi" that make them so much more tasty than most.

(And your donations to the "Save the Erwin Foundation" have been much appreciated btw.)

So get off your butt and do a decent CMA scenario or campaign plz.

If nothing else, every VC set should include a Friendly Casualty adjuster for BLUE (RED for CM:A -- in other words, the casualty sensitive invading army) that can bump the level of Victory up or down or render it a Pyrrhic draw, e.g. adds a significant dollop of points to BLUE for losing less than 8% and adds a significant dollop of points to RED for inflicting more than 15%. Or whatever threshold seems realistic.