Other nationalities

Steve did say this in the CMSF forums not too far back:

Likewise, Commonwealth for Normandy will likely have the equivalent of three nations AT LEAST in it. But in this case we have two advantages:

1. A huge chunk of equipment exists in the base game (e.g. Shermans, Stuarts, etc.). While they can't be used 100% exactly the same, it is a big help to have something to work from.

2. The Commonwealth Forces were based on a common structure with common equipment. Not 100% exactly the same, but compared to something like modern German and Canadian... they are vastly more same than different.

Steve

The French had slightly different equipment since they were using a lot of hand-me-downs. For example, White Scout Cars for recon and Springfields as a common rifle. That said, from what I remember the French TO&E wasn't all that different than American. But it's not something I've looked into for many years and I'm sure it's not quite as simple as that.

Steve