AI Editor bug (or else manual is in error)

CMSF Field Manual p122: "Note: Orders do NOT have to have Map Zones assigned with them. If no Map Zone is defined, the unit will simply remain stationary while executing the other options of an Order (change in stance, change floors, dismount)."

While it is true that you don't need to define a Map Zone for the first (Setup) Order in a Plan, I have noted that any subsequent order for which you don't define a Map Zone is deleted by the Editor. If you Save the file without exiting the edited game, it still shows, but once you exit the Editor and come back in (or try to playtest), your "zoneless" Order is gone without trace (subsequent Orders that DO have Map Zones remain but are renumbered).

Please take a looksie and if I'm not nuts, do let me know whether this feature can be restored in the next patch. Thanks.

I'd like to be able to have units move to a location, Hide there for a while and then go into Ambush mode in place.

Confirmed that this is the way it works, always has been. I thought maybe we had changed this somewhere along the line, but we have not.

Basically, the code is limited to a single state change per location. Similar to how it works with Waypoints in the tactical environment.

Expansion/overhaul of the AI Scripts will likely be a top feature for the next major release after Normandy. We've got a very good design on paper, we just need time to implement it.

Steve