Anyone here smart enough to mod in "operation" style campaigns?

There are some significant hurdles that make it unlikely a community effort would come close to matching the features of Operations. Just of the top of my head we'd need: Persistent map damage, ditto vehicles wrecks and deployment zones to match terrain gains and losses.

Oh well. At least it's on BFC's (in)famously large list, somewhere.

As I see it, there are two major obstacles to creating a CMx1 Operations style campaign with the CMx2 system. Elmar mentioned the persistent damage obstacle and the second is that we only have one possible branch after a mission ends. Yes, you can fudge it slightly so that if you fail to capture that farmhouse in mission 1 you start back on the same map and have to do it all over agai. Whereas if you do succeed in capturing it, you set up in the farmhouse and the scenario designer extends the existing map for the second battle. However, that's as far as the victory conditions will allow you to take it.

I don't want to give our plan away, but we believe we can "recreate" a CMx1 operation with this engine. We've disagreed about this before? From my perspective mapsize limitations are what prevents making pbem old style operations, i.e., if one could make a large enough map persistent damage isn't an issue. Rather than having a sectional representation of a continuous map(many old style ops were like this) we would just do the whole thing. So, I don't think we could recreate from the beachhead to Carentan because of mapsize limitations. But there are other ops that can be done.

I don't want to give our plan away, but we believe we can "recreate" a CMx1 operation with this engine. We've disagreed about this before? From my perspective mapsize limitations are what prevents making pbem old style operations, i.e., if one could make a large enough map persistent damage isn't an issue. Rather than having a sectional representation of a continuous map(many old style ops were like this) we would just do the whole thing. So, I don't think we could recreate from the beachhead to Carentan because of mapsize limitations. But there are other ops that can be done.

I'd like to see that, do you plan on uploading anything?

I'd like to see that, do you plan on uploading anything?

My partner is very busy with other things and I'm a newb to scenario design, we've collaborated on ideas only so far with a plan for an op, but what we have in mind will take place in WW2 rather than CMSF, so it's safe to say it's a fair ways away. It definitely won't have everything CMx1 ops had, like vehicle salvage, but given a 4 hour game time we're hopeful we can cook something up.

My partner is very busy with other things and I'm a newb to scenario design, we've collaborated on ideas only so far with a plan for an op, but what we have in mind will take place in WW2 rather than CMSF, so it's safe to say it's a fair ways away. It definitely won't have everything CMx1 ops had, like vehicle salvage, but given a 4 hour game time we're hopeful we can cook something up.

Still be interested in ETO or East Front operation.

If you have not seen it, LongLeftFlank's impressive work may be of interest:

www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=92372&highlight=ramadi