CMBB gameplay video

LeadMeister

Great job on the video, love the production values. Funny little knife fight at the start.

And wow, it's mod free. I had forgotten how much better my CMBB looks compared to the stock graphics.

I added the knife fight in with Lionhead Studios "The Movies". It has a 'blue screen' function that I used to create that scene. I then used the exported blue screen scene and chroma keyed it into the CMBB video.

Yes, the modded CMBB really looks better. If I do another movie I will be sure to use the modded version.

Thanks for that - a quick query, what unit size (shift-C) did you film it on?

Good question. I knew that a sharp eye'd CMBB player (such as you) would realize that the tanks in some scenes were out of scale. Many of the scenes, especially long shots, would not have shown the tanks in enough detail to understand what was going on. In those instances I used a Unit Scale of +1 to make the tanks easier to see (artistic license). I never went above a +1, and I used a 'Realistic' Unit Scale in scenes that allowed for its use.

I would like to mod CMBB to improve the graphics. Can you suggest what mod packs I should install? Thanks ...

I don't know of any actual mod packs. My install is a collection of mods dating back to when CMBB shipped in 2002. With the lost of the great and classic CMMODS from a few years ago, I think some mods were lost.

But this site saved most of them. http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/

I recommend just modding as you go from battle to battle. Since it's so daunting at first. This is what I did a long time ago when I reformatted but my modded BMP backup got corrupted.

I don't know of any actual mod packs. My install is a collection of mods dating back to when CMBB shipped in 2002. With the lost of the great and classic CMMODS from a few years ago, I think some mods were lost.

But this site saved most of them. http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/

I recommend just modding as you go from battle to battle. Since it's so daunting at first. This is what I did a long time ago when I reformatted but my modded BMP backup got corrupted.

Thanks for the info. I talked it over with my brother and we are going to switch to CMAK because it will run on my much faster Quad/Vista-64 system. My XP rig is a little dated and slow. Anyway, my brother will install the CMAK graphics mods (he's the CM install expert). Once again, thanks for the idea about modding to improve the graphics.

Oh yeah, here's a link to my 'Day of Defeat' homepage (my other gaming passion) ...

http://leadmeister.250x.com/

============================