I am in!!!! When?

Although La Grande Guerre is in my honest opinion simply the best game ever produced on WWI. Hubert is probably one of the very few people who can do a WWI gane justice.

I am a closet historian, WWI presents a set of truely unique circumstances, both political, militarily, and technological inovations the were hitherto unimaginable.

If anyone has any indepth knowledge of the war, it IS an amazing time period. It was never a war of static when the Germans where on the offense in the West, and always a war of manuver in the colossal Eastern front.

Politicaly, diverse and complex. The war changes as it is being fought into about five different epochs. So to all the young naieve naysayers who think SC3, or that this is a dull War, put down your baby bottles, pick up your Lee-Enfields, and wait.....The Hun is coming!

I'm with you. Whatever one things of the war tactically, at the strategic level, WW1 takes a back seat to none. In my early wargaming years, I loved Avalon Hill's "Guns of August". A pretty simple game but very addictive.

I don't know anything about La Grande Guerre, but I played quite a bit of Frank Hunter's Guns of August before I got bored with it. He designed a great system overall, but, after a time, I just didn't like the scale of the map anymore (e.g. there's no room for maneuver on the western front). The screenshots of Hubert's map look more like what I am looking for.

Take it from me... the game is way better than La Grande Guerre... Tactically I find the game much more challengeing and fun than any war strategy game I have played in a long long time. It is very addictive... especially in it's pvp format. Hubert has really done a very fine job.

Abukede,

Have you played La Grand Guerre Gold? The game IS simply suberb! I sold my board game version for near $500.00 after the Gold update did such a good job on recreating the board game! Please elaborate more why this New design is better? Also the randomness of the action cards drawn make for never the two same games!

Thanks for the kudos gentlemen, and while I definitely agree that this is probably going to be the best SC release so far, I really can't take the credit for the quality of the game play on this one.

Sure the game uses the SC engine and I've done quite a bit of coding to get the game to work just right for WWI, but this one really is Bill Runacre's vision and design and he deserves all the credit here. Much like his design for the Pacific release this one is going to be very impressive on so many different levels.

Glad to hear your games have been a blast so far as well Abukede :)