Reload for dummies

OK, there was a thread around here, but I can't find it. I have the original Paradox CD, and am getting all the modules on CD for Xmas (good intel, I know)

I also have the 1.10, 1.11, CM Marines 1.20, and CM 1.21 patches as stand alone downloads.

SOOO, 2 questions.

I already have CMSF Marines installed and patched to 1.21 (I downloaded it, but wanted a CD for posterity or a new computer, my ludditeness)

So what is the preferred way to install CMSF British and NATO and the latest 1.31 patch?

Also, IF I wanted to start ALL OVER on a new machine :) what would be the order of installation from my 1.01 Paradox CD?

Thanks for the help, I need something I can stash on my ultimate CMSF backup CD and refer back to...

Installing in order of release is your safest way to go.

So: CMSF>Marines>British>NATO>latest patch.

Starting over from scratch or installing from CMSF+Marines boils down to the same thing, really.

Be sure to un-license the game on any old machine before starting all over on a new machine. And of course read the instructions on the download page and during install process carefully. It's not there for nothing.

For your installation that has CMSF + Marines at 1.21 and you want to install everything on it:

1) Install the British Forces module.

2) Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the British Forces module. You will now be at 1.20.

3) Install the 1.21 patch and make sure your are patching for 'CMSF + Marines + British Forces'.

4) Launch CMSF and you should be at version 1.21 now.

5) Install the NATO module.

6) Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the NATO module. You should now be at version 1.30

7) Install the 1.31 patch. Make sure to check ALL of the boxes (CMSF + Marines + British Forces + NATO).

8) When you launch CMSF you should be at version 1.31.

For a 'clean install' starting with your Paradox version of CMSF 1.01:

1) Install CMSF.

2) Lauch CMSF, you should be at version 1.01 or whatever your CD had on it (up to 1.07 for some discs ?).

3) Assuming that you have a separate Marines module installer (i.e. - it is NOT part of a bundle with either CMSF or British Forces), install the Marines module.

4) Launch CMSF. You should be prompted to license the Marines module. You should now be at 1.10/1.11 and you no longer need the Paradox disc in the drive to run CMSF since it is all based on eLicense from this point forward.

5) Install the British Forces module.

6) Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the British Forces module. You should now be at version 1.20.

7) Install the 1.21 patch and make sure you are updating 'CMSF + Marines + British Forces'.

8) Launch CMSF. You should now be at version 1.21.

9) Install the NATO module.

10) Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the NATO module. You should now be at version 1.30.

11) Install the 1.31 patch and make sure to check ALL of the modules (CMSF + Marines + British Forces + NATO).

12) Launch CMSF and you should now be at version 1.31.

• 3 weeks later...

For a 'clean install' starting with your Paradox version of CMSF 1.01:

1) Install CMSF.

2) Lauch CMSF, you should be at version 1.01 or whatever your CD had on it (up to 1.07 for some discs ?).

3) Assuming that you have a separate Marines module installer (i.e. - it is NOT part of a bundle with either CMSF or British Forces), install the Marines module.

4) Launch CMSF. You should be prompted to license the Marines module. You should now be at 1.10/1.11 and you no longer need the Paradox disc in the drive to run CMSF since it is all based on eLicense from this point forward.

5) Install the British Forces module.

6) Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the British Forces module. You should now be at version 1.20.

7) Install the 1.21 patch and make sure you are updating 'CMSF + Marines + British Forces'.

8) Launch CMSF. You should now be at version 1.21.

9) Install the NATO module.

10) Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the NATO module. You should now be at version 1.30.

11) Install the 1.31 patch and make sure to check ALL of the modules (CMSF + Marines + British Forces + NATO).

12) Launch CMSF and you should now be at version 1.31.

Ok trying to set up a friend to get a second machine running. Had to reload my machine and lost my Marine second install. So now I'm down to a paradox version of CMSF and NATO. Trying to get around paying for the 1.21 patch. Any chance on that or do I have to play with my credit card and 20 mins to get the 1.21? Thanks