Unable to play direct from CD

MadHewi

Just received CMBB from Amazon today. Installation went ok and updated with 1.01patch. Not a big problem but if I insert the CD and press play I get the following message 'Windows cannot find C:\program~1\combat~1\xxxxx. Make sure you have typed the name correctly they try again'

If I click on the desktop icon it launches fine, but not from the CD, anyone got any ideas?

Running P2.4B RAM 512Mb nVidea TI4600. Intel 845GBV motherboard. Windows XP Home Addition

David H

PS FSAA is ok with the latest nVidea drivers 41:09 but have to turn it off and turn it back on again to activate it, otherwise the text isn't visible

[ December 13, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: David H ]

I uninstalled and tried it just with the original version, without the 1.01 patch and it is still the same. I did download the CMBB demo and deleted that off prior to installing the full version. I am unable to get any other error message details.

All I can make out is Error - 'could not execute the external program' .....as above in my first posting

Appreciate your help

David H

[ December 13, 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: David H ]

I don't believe CMBB is intended to be launched from the CD. The desktop shortcut is pointed at the complete installation on your hard drive, I don't know if the CD is configured to actually play the game. The CD must be in your computer to play but is not referenced by the game during execution.

thanks for your comments. I guess from that everyone else has this problem? It is not a big issue, just when loading CD-ROM you get two options 1. install, 2. play. Click on play and the error message pops up!! no big deal - I'll just run from the desktop as you suggest.

Still look forward to playing it. Will quickly finish off Age of Methology and I will get stuck in. PS should receive the strategy book any day now.