Order of play in CMBO

Hi ,

Just installed my special edition version of CMBO, also I put on the additional senarios included on the bonus disk. My question is this, I`d like to play them in a logical date sequence. From the begining of the war to the end. Are they listed in the right order? Because of the additional bonus stuff I`m getting senarios from the end of 1944 at the top of my list and an 8 turn battle based on a TV show called 'combat' this is fun, however I`d still like to go in date order. Can someone please tell me the first few battles in the game so I can see if they appear in order on the list. The tutorial level is first.

Thanks in advance

Dave

AFAIK the battles are in ALPHABETICAL order, with saved games at the top. The saved game aspect is why you may have some newly downloaded games appear ahead of the built-in scenarios. But they should appear in different color text.

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a chronological order to the scenarios that is easy to determine. I don't think the time period is listed in the choose scenario screen.

AFAIK the battles are in ALPHABETICAL order, with saved games at the top. The saved game aspect is why you may have some newly downloaded games appear ahead of the built-in scenarios. But they should appear in different color text.

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a chronological order to the scenarios that is easy to determine. I don't think the time period is listed in the choose scenario screen.

I have also begun to play the scenarios in date order. But to make it simple, I just open scenarios until I get to June, 1944 --will try to play all of those from that month, but will not try to order them with any more detail than that.

A few quirks. First there are some North Africa scenarios (pre-CMAK adaptations of CMBO). Enough is Enough is one example (and a very nice scenario). And there are training scenarios. (I just finished Fire and Maneuver--very tough)

Also, of course, there are the Operations. 29 Lets go is set in June 1944. I believe there is one that is earlier, however.

I find the Scenario Depot web site a fun place to compare my experience with a scenario with what others have found. Since most of the old-hands have moved onto CMBB and CMAK, it is interesting to see their thoughts (and fights) when the CMBO world was still new.

Originally posted by Rankorian:

I just finished Fire and Maneuver--very tough

I'm happy to hear that people are still playing those old scenarios. Fire & Maneuver was only meant to illustrate how tough it could be to advance with armor over open terrain. For that purpose, and to practice a combined arms advance I think it worked well. Thanks for mentioning it, brought back some nice old memories.. of when the forums were smaller, and life, as well as the game, was simpler and in some ways more appealing.

I wish I had the time to convert that scenario to CMAK... I'd love to see the difference the more realistic gameplay makes.

Cheers, Bil

I am not only playing those scenarios, but I am reviewing them over at the Scenario Depot. I am generally very complimentary, because they are generally so good. I am overwhelmed, at times, with how much effort was clearly spent in designing them.

I look at some of the less kind comments that sometimes went on in the scenario reviews at the Depot, and I wonder if the people really did not realize what good work was, and is, being done.