Grenade aid

So it was in the nineth hour of one of my campaign missions and not only was my soviet company wiped out for the most part but the pixel troops that were left were out of ammo except for grenades, all be it, there were only 2 red bars in the grenade ammo slot. I found the team of snipers that had been using the company as target practice but like I said all my ragged group had were grenades..I arrempted to get them to throw the grenades into the room several ways--1)I set the movement on hunt mode all the way to intended target, my troops obeidantly complied in movement but threw no grenades even though the muji's were clearly in ther view 2) I next tried assault movement and although they clearly charged into and thru the room in zig zag fashion but no grenades! Consequently lost 3 more troops with that last foolish maneuver. MY question is this: What sets the standard for when and where soldiers use grenades and why didn't my pixel troops throw their grenades at such obvious targets?? They were out of other ammos-would this have anything to do with it and why? The battle was so close, a few grenades coulda changed the whole balance of what had been a bloody one sided affair..Enlighten this frustrated war gamer guys????:eek:

Yeah, you've just learned a valuable tactical lesson. :) TARGET at an area uses grenades (if close enough). If one unit TARGETs a building, and another unit enters it, the overwatch unit's grenades can cause friendly casualties, so be careful doing that. Using what Lanzfeld said, a QUICK to just outside the door, PAUSE for 15 seconds (or so), TARGET the building; the next order should be QUICK into the building with a TARGET ARC set to 360 degrees, encompassing at least the entire interior. (The TARGET ARC is necessary to override the previous target command, TARGET. No other command is sufficient.)

Watch the grenades rain down...

Ken