Is Marder the über-IFV ???

I recently played a QB in a small town. IA had german troops and I Canadians.

The battle turned to my advantage and there was a lone Marder in a street. I sneaked as many as 3 infantry teams with SRAAW(M) in the buildings directly facing the Marder and ordered two LAV III to pop up at the end of the street with a fire arc.

The result was several point blank range hits (at least 3) with SRAAW. Unfortunately the Marder engaged my men and routed them all. When the LAV III appeared they emptied their 25 mm ammo on the Marder which went silent. I thought its weapons had been eventually damaged, so I moved one LAV to his side.

The Marder then "awoke" and smoked the LAV with one salvo and the other one decided it was a bad idea to insist and backed up !

This seems wrong to me.

Is the Marder totally immune to SRAAW AND 25 mm rounds ?????

Here is a picture of the Beast :

cmshockforce20101113152.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That Marder armor cladding , I believe, was meant to protect against BMP-2 30mm. IFVs also have a small advantage in the game of being able to take penetrations to the empty troop compartment without affecting its fighting abilities... as long as the penetating rounds don't hit anything like a stowed Milan missile. SRAAW (LAW72 for Marines) AT rocket is modeled as a miserable piece if equipment in the game. Can hardly be considered an AT ordnance at all.