New file at the Repository: A helluva road opening (2010-11-12)

This scenario is taking in account some tactical issues that have been encountered in the past and present years battles in Afghanistan. For obvious reason all the names of the geographic locations and of red and Blue units that had been involved are not real. The AO is presently unstable and besides Johnson airport, still not reopen and the Nira Dam FOB and OP that we control, all around is Indian Country The Nira MSR is open every three days, in the morning by the 3rd and 4th Platoons / B Co of the ANA 4th battalion in order to resupply the NIRA FOB and its OP manned by the 2nd Platoon.After a near miss on an Apache last week, theirs assistance in providing security during the road opening has been denied ever since.We have no intelligence on the Mujhadeens groups which seem to have infiltrate in fair numbers since the last 2 weeks in the vicinity of the hamlets of Sidi Bou Saïd, Al Farouk and Hassan. Our forces are made of the ANA B Co / 4th battalion “Suliman” 3 Rifles platoons, HMG and MG section being beefed up with “Dare devil” 3rd Regt, comprising a scout platoon “ hawkeyes”, 2nd, 3rd Rifles and 4th Weapon MGS platoons, B Co (-) “Tiger” 2nd Battalion with “Havock” 2 X 81mm mortars in support and Fire Base “Rosario” 4 X 120mm mortarsThe ANA has on loan a platoon of 4 MTVR from the Marines 2nd Platoon.“Tiger” 2nd platoon has its Strykers unavailable due to the fitting of new up ...

More...

I had a problem with this one. I downloaded the scenario and put it in the appropriate scenario folder. When I booted up CMSF it didn't show up in the battle list. I then repeated the download with the same result. Before you ask, I have CMSF, the Brits, USMC and the Nato add-ons.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Suggestions please:confused:

SLR

I've had this same problem recently. I think it may have to do with the battle was CREATED by someone with the latest patch, but we don't have access to the latest patch yet. Once you get the latest patch, the scenario may show up . . . *guesses*

Gpig

Hi, every one

I was away, till today and I am just reading the problem you have with the scenario.

It has been made with CMSF, MARINES, UK & NATO addons installed.

So the patch V 1.30 can be installed if it is not already done.

If, you have NATO, you should have the patch 1.30.

Since the scenario has been made with the MARINES addon troops and vehicles and none of the new possibilities packed with NATO, it should have worked.

As a matter of fact, when I am choosing the file in the battle repertory, a red dot is highlighted in the MARINES icon (standing along the other one in the left down screen corner). When I had Syrian trucks chosen in an earlier scenario making. The NATO icon had also a red dot. So, I deleted these truck and the NATO red dot was gone.

So, that was what, I thought . Well it doesn‘t go that way, as I found it out, trying today to start the scenario on another PC with the game having CMSF and the MARINES patched up to V 1.21

So, that means, that you must have the Patch V 1.30, if you want to play. That is not what I expected!

Another problem, if you do have the patch V 1.30 and VISTA and that you don’t see, in the battle repertory, the scenario name. Look in the files compatibility repertory, if it is there. If, so just copy it into the scenarios games files again and make sure it is there. If it is, you should then, see it when you open the battle files in the game.

I was doing a follow up of that scenario and that discovery of patch annoys me. Why BF doesn’t release V 1.30 instead of keeping it for the moment with the NATO addon ?

I shall keep for a while the new scenario, since there are not that many people having 1.30. If I am wrong let me know.

Really sorry for the inconvenience, if you don’t go to the NATO addon to get V 1.30

Cheers anyway

Fortunately I was able to check out your scenario and the map looks terrific. The set-up and mix of forces also looks good. Very interesting situation. Looking forward to playing.

Glad you succeeded and were able to get into it. As for myself, if I had knew about the shortcoming of the patch V 1.30 for the ones not having it, since using or not the new assets offered with it, did not make any difference, I would have used some of them, specially the Syrian's trucks.

Well, it will be in the next scenario........

Cheers

Yours is such an interesting situation that it may be a great topic for a campaign. AFAIK all the campaigns are about getting to some boring old geographic location that looks like any other location in any other scenario.

No reason why a Campaign shouldn't be a rescue/supply type mission like in your situation.

Since CM2 scenarios are only 2-3 hours tops, you could portray a 24 (RL) hour mission like this. It would be a very nice change.

Yours is such an interesting situation that it may be a great topic for a campaign. AFAIK all the campaigns are about getting to some boring old geographic location that looks like any other location in any other scenario.

No reason why a Campaign shouldn't be a rescue/supply type mission like in your situation.

Since CM2 scenarios are only 2-3 hours tops, you could portray a 24 (RL) hour mission like this. It would be a very nice change.

Thank you Erwin. Yes, a campaign can be done on a 24 hours period based on such a situation. The key word, however is to have it done, taking in account realistic and credible grounds and troops involved.

I am doing a mission on that scenario map, but with Syrians (troops, tanks....) instead of militia. Starting from the Nira dam area, an air assault is made by the marines on 3 LZ and at different times. The 3 platoons involved, land with some of their squads missing in their first air lift. They will land a bit latter. Like in reality, the LZ's have to be secured. The dam bridge, the Nira outpost have to be assaulted and secure. Once a bridgehead is done, the ground troops are coming. Since the Patch 1.30 is dedicated to NATO, I am going to use these NATO troops and or UK. I don't know for sure, right now.

For the time being the air assaults have been tested and it is as close to a real one as it could be. Why the MARINES for the assault ? because they have of a huge volume of fire in their squads.

The next attack ,on the airfield will be a second mission and or a third of that coming campaign.

It will take time, so don't expect it in the coming weeks.

Cheers

That sounds very exciting - you have a talent for really good-looking maps and situations.

Am confused re your plan. You said a Syrian assault vs NATO (sounds interesting) and with Marines? The Syrians have Marines?

(Or is it a NATO assault using UK Marines?)

I always enjoy the missions where you have to defend one area, while attacking elsewhere. Hope you make your new one some sort of rescue/resupply campaign.

That sounds very exciting - you have a talent for really good-looking maps and situations.

Am confused re your plan. You said a Syrian assault vs NATO (sounds interesting) and with Marines? The Syrians have Marines?

(Or is it a NATO assault using UK Marines?)

I always enjoy the missions where you have to defend one area, while attacking elsewhere. Hope you make your new one some sort of rescue/resupply campaign.

Thanks again Erwin.

Actually the plan is an attack by the NATO forces against the Syrians. The objective will be to reach the airfield while defeating all Syrians forces along the way or on it.

To achieve that objective, the US Marines will be airlifted by choppers on 2 LZ's . Nira 1 & 2. 2plt on 1 and 1 plt on 2. They will secure the LZ's on Nira 1 till the 2nd plt comes. Meanwhile on Nira LZ 2 the 3rd plt will land. The objective of all platoons will be to secure the Nira dam bridge, take the Nira CP and later on eliminate the threat from Nira FOB. In another word they will establish a bridgehead there. That done within an 1:00 or 1:30 hour the ground forces will arrive, cross the bridge, deploy and move toward the airfield. These ground forces will be UK forces and or some of the NATO forces. I haven't decided that opportunity at the moment. The Syrians, since it will be with the 1.30 patch might have attack helicopters and or ground attack jets available at one moment, besides artillery.

For the moment I am trying to select the forces and not to have that too many of them, since that is a frame rate killer. I have experienced that in Beer and Bretzel and that was awful to have the frame almost coming to an halt.

That mission and the following up of the attack of the airfield will all be about tactical move.

I will try not to have them involving more than a company due to what I wrote before.

Cheers