Adding Mods to CMSF

billk1

What I find the trickiest issue is figuring out if all one needs to do is copy the entire mod folder into the Z folder, or if one has to extract individual subfolders out of the mod folder.

Some mods are simply .bmp files. But, when I copy the .bmp files to the Z folder am not sure I see those .bmp images in the game. Does one have to copy the folder that contains the .bmp images???

It does not matter if the files are nested in sub-folders or put directly into "Z", but alphanumeric order is still observed, so if you have folder "A" and folder "B" inside the "Z" folder, files in folder "B" will be used over any files with the same name in folder "A". The "Z" folder is actually arbitrary. It simply meant to ensure that the files in "Z" are used over the game's .brz files, which all begin with "V". You could as easily put your mod files in an "X" folder, or in .brz files that are alphanumerically subsequent to the last versionXXX.brz file. Really the only thing you can't do is put the actual files (.bmp, .wav, etc.) directly into the "Data" folder.