Why no working air sentry hatches on Fuchs?

tyrspawn

I think it has something to do with there currently being no UI in the CM engine to allow the player to button/unbutton passengers. Therefore they can only be either permanently opened up or permanently buttoned. I guess the decision was made that in a high-intensity conflict nobody on a Fuchs will want to be outside or something.

I think it has something to do with there currently being no UI in the CM engine to allow the player to button/unbutton passengers. Therefore they can only be either permanently opened up or permanently buttoned. I guess the decision was made that in a high-intensity conflict nobody on a Fuchs will want to be outside or something.

Why would they want to be outside a Stryker or LAV III? They are better protected inside those vehicles than inside the Fuchs.

Add to list of missing air guards:

LAV-25

AAV

FV-432

YPR-765

That said, the unbutton problem still exists, and I'm not sure I'd want to see it added if the passengers can't button up. (Seems this would be easy since passengers can be selected separate from crew).

Don't BMPs and BTRs also have the air guard hatches? I'm not too familiar with Soviet mechanised infantry doctrine and I did a quick check for pics on google but didn't see any depicting passengers ubuttoned on top.

Although the BMP have hatchets it also has nifty little firing ports for AK's with a tiny little windows for the ironsights.

800px-BMP-1_firing_arcs.png

There's even a locking mechanism which holds the AK steady.

473669815_d18e733da2_o.jpg

And these now work in game!

EDIT- blimey that looks rusty inside!

Lol, it's actually not that bad. I think most guys accustomed to these things are happy as long as there's no oil floating around (which is not impossible after a rough ride in the terrain). Just slab some green paint over it and she'll be as good as new. ;)

wat?

It would work like this: if its set to open up, all personnel are unbuttoned, if its set to not open up, all personnel turn in. Just like it is with the Strykers. The Stryker works perfectly fine, it should just be applied to the Fuchs and other vehicles listed in this thread.

I'm guessing they ran out of time before release or something.

Lots of footage of FJ, Fuchs and Dingo in Afghanistan, including Taliban footage. Some conversations don't really need translation.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1185412/Der-Krieg-bleibt#/beitrag/video/1185412/Der-Krieg-bleibt

Wish I could watch it but it is a crap server from Germany. Only loads about 5 seconds at a time. Is there a way to download and save?

Lots of footage of FJ, Fuchs and Dingo in Afghanistan, including Taliban footage. Some conversations don't really need translation.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1185412/Der-Krieg-bleibt#/beitrag/video/1185412/Der-Krieg-bleibt

Wish that had subtitles. But yeah, it shows them using the air sentry hatches to cover various arcs of the vehicle, just like you can do with the stryker.

P.S. I love your sound mod.