No indirect fire with Hummel?

In a discussion on TOW2 over at the Wargamer, someone asked why they couldn't use the Hummel in an indirect role. I didn't know the answer, but wondered if it was because the minimum range of the Hummel in indirect mode was greater than the scale of TOW. Can anyone help?

I have been able to use the Hummel indirectly, but it was difficult. It was certainly not as easy to use as the Wespe. I think it may have something to do with ranges (possibly?) but it might also have something to do with type of ordance used. If for example, it is set to use AP rather than HE first, it won't allow you to fire indirectly until that AP round has been fired first. Or something like that?

I'll quote my post from 1C forum:

Their fire trajectories are rather shallow on distances achievable on game maps (in reality they were used to fire at least at several kilometers distances most of the time), however, you still can use them in indirect fire role if landscape permits.

Select a unit, make sure that HE round is loaded, then click the 'attack ground' button and move mouse cursor over the map to find where it can fire. If target symbol near mouse cursor lits up, it means that the SPG can hit this spot from it's current position (LOS is not required, but aiming error is much more significant in this case). Right-click on this spot to order your SPG to fire indirectly.