Help? CM TCP

Hello,

I was hoping you can help with a problem im having with Combat Mission TCP games.

Im using dial-up, when i play someone and the phone rings i loose connection and would have to restart usually with a different IP address.

Is there a way that if i loose connection and regain it that i dont have to start the game over from the beginning or where i left off.

Its just inconvienant for me and the other player to email or meet again in CMHQ and try to continue our game because i lost connection.

I have limited knowledge of computers so any help would be appreciated.

Joe

If a call is coming through while you're on a dial-up internet session, it seems that you have a Call Waiting service on your phone. To disable this during your internet sessions (anyone who calls will get a 'busy' dialtone) dial *70 in the prefix to your ISP dialup. Most likely it will look like this in the dialup number to your ISP (bold emphasis added): *70,123-4567. The comma in-between the 'star code' and the ISP's dial up number tells a modem to pause 1 or 2 seconds while dialing (to allow the phone system to register the code). This should hopefully prevent you from dropping your CM TCP/IP games.

Another possibility is to use a v.92 modem (which you may or may not have - they're a slight upgrade to v.90 modems). V.92 modems come with the option to place the Internet connection 'on hold', so that the user can take an incoming call. The catch is that the Internet Service Provider must also offer the v.92 service (and you need Call Waiting from your local phone company, which it seems you have) in order for it to work.

Beyond these suggestions, there isn't any other way to re-initiate your CM TCP/IP game via dial-up without communicating to your opponent the new IP address (if you're hosting). You will always need to use the saved game or autosave file in order to start playing again if you lose your connection.