Nato Icons!!!

I've just uploaded a new mod for NATO. NATO Icons for German, Dutch and Canadian forces! All credit goes to Angryson as these are actually his, all I did was rename the files. I did change the MG icon to represent a medium machine gun instead of a light MG (two hash marks instead of one) otherwise the Icons are the same. I just uploaded it so it may take a bit for BFC to put it up at the Repository. It is also available at GreenAsJade's CMSF Mod Warehouse.

Enjoy!

Steve-O

natoiconspic.jpg

The ref I posted above is old and outdate, sorry. I'll delete that if I still can.

I went and looked at FM 1-02 Operational Terms and Graphics (2004) and it shoes 2 hash marks as being a light MG so I stand corrected. Three hashes would be a heavy MG and no hashes would be an automatic rifle.

No, looks like you're correct but ... my that's random. Compare the sequence they have for MGs to any other weapon system. All the others are

| = lt

|| = med

||| = hy

No hash means a generic weapon of that type, with size unknown.

Weirds.

No worries! You may be able to help with this though: for the Shilka ZSU-23-4, is that considered a medium air defense weapon or light? I can't find a good refence for it as all the icons listed in the manual seem to be fixed and not tracked....here are some pics of what I think it should look like:

CMShockForce2010-10-2621-57-57-65.jpg

This shows the icon as a medium air defense gun.

CMShockForce2010-10-2621-59-42-78.jpg

And this shows a medium air defense gun with tracks.

If it were light it would be only one hash mark. Again the manual doesn't give eamples of caliber size for light, medium, and heavy.

Steve-o

If it were light it would be only one hash mark. Again the manual doesn't give eamples of caliber size for light, medium, and heavy.

I don't know. Tracked, self-propelled, gun(s) are obvious and easy enough. Size .. not so much.

My best adivce would be to consider what it's used for. As an example, thinking of missiles, I'd rate Mistral (VLLAD) and anything shoulder launched as light, while Patriot (THAAD) would be heavy. Rapier, I think, would be medium.

I think the Shilka is used for VLLAD or LLAD, and intended to move with armoured battalion groups in close contact with the enemy, protecting them from Helos and CAS (ie, the A-10). That would - under that schema - I think make the Shilka a light/single hash.