Are Marders better than Brad's ?

I was playing as the Mujahedeen against the Soviets in CM:A; a Shilka took three RPG hits from the side and kept on truckin' with no discernible damage, much to the shock and horror of my long-haired pixeltrippin truppin'.

Well, if the RPG's were shot from a close distance they might not had time to be armed ? They might have gone right through the soft truck skin's and exploded just after exiting ?

I don't know if that caracteristic is being taken in account in the RPG setting ?

Cheers

Pretty sure it was supposed to be a ZSU-23-4 in Generation Kill.

Both probably use same type of ammo, but I would not take in to discussion TV serial.

Well, if the RPG's were shot from a close distance they might not had time to be armed ? They might have gone right through the soft truck skin's and exploded just after exiting ?

I don't know if that caracteristic is being taken in account in the RPG setting ?

It can not be armed, it can hit in place that there is no vital parts of vehicle, it could hit at angle that shaped charge jet will not make much damage inside of vehicle, plenty of possibilities.

(although the commander/gunner should have to expose himself a little to reload the TOWs, they just don't model turning the turret 90 degrees left, max elevation, and then popping open the troop hatch to load missiles. Not nearly as bad as the Milan though).

Yeah, such animation would be nice addition because it's disable vehicle from fight for few minutes, but it should be do when player choose, not when AI wan't to prevent dangerous situations when vehicle can be without any possibilitie to defend. Also tanks should be modeled that way, Leopard 2 after shooting 15 rounds from ready ammo magazine in turret bustle need to be taken to cover, turret need to be traversed to 3 o'clock (or other position) gun elevated and loader starts realoading procedure of storage rack in hull and ready ammo rack in turret bustle.

In M1 series similiar procedure is only taken when ammo is taken from rear hull storage magazine (it is not always filled with ammo, some sometimes taks have not 40-42 rounds but 34-36). BTW in game is one mistake, M1A1 and M1A1HA/HA+ have 34 rounds in turret bustle so this means 17 rounds in ready ammo rack, 17 in semi-ready rack + 8 in hull storage, from M1A1HC to all newer model turret magazine was redesigned, so there are 18 rounds in ready rack, 18 in semi-ready rack + 8 in hull storage. BFC will make update for this?

Challenger 2 got all it's ammo in crew compartment (APFSDS in rack on turret rear, HESH, Smoke and propelant charges in hull), so there are no realod procedures to reload ammo from storage to ready and/or semi-ready ammo racks.

Even more fun shoudl be with Syrian tanks in this manner. ;-)

So such additions would make game more realistic and challenging.

Agreed: The command/status should change to read that the vehicle is transferring ammo from stores to ready rack. This will hold true even more so with the larger loadouts with WWII tanks and how rounds were stored all over the hulls.

The turret traverse/reload should be AI controlled with player override. Imagine your Bradley taking itself out of the fight at the wrong moment. Something along the lines of the infantry crew served weapons DEPLOY command.

???

Ken

Agreed: The command/status should change to read that the vehicle is transferring ammo from stores to ready rack. This will hold true even more so with the larger loadouts with WWII tanks and how rounds were stored all over the hulls.

The turret traverse/reload should be AI controlled with player override. Imagine your Bradley taking itself out of the fight at the wrong moment. Something along the lines of the infantry crew served weapons DEPLOY command.

???

Ken

I believe that you can override the AI turret traverse using the Cover Arcs command.