Info request: top-mounted weapons

Holman

Is there a summary anywhere of which vehicles in CMSF have remotely-operated top weapons and which require that the commander be unbuttoned for use?

Also, under what circumstances will a commander automatically unbutton to fire a top weapon? Do they do it spontaneously, or only when given an unbutton order, only when given a target order, or what?

M1A1HC, M1A1FEP and M1A1SA have CWS (Commander Weapon Station) so TC (Tank Commaner) can use it's M2HB 12,7mm HMG from inside of tank. FV4034 Challenger 2 (enhanced) have also Enforcer RWS with M2HB.

Stryker ICV, ESV, CV variants have M151 CROWS-1... and that's all I think.

BTW, US.Army decided to give CWS full stabilisation, production of upgraded CWS is underway and now it will be designated SCWS (Stabilized Commander Weapon Station), with new optics (new 3x camera instead of older optic sight and also TIS) it can be good equivalent of CITV, of course with less capabilities but still it is what M1A1's needed from start.

Rule of thumb for reloading RWS mounts is that it's only done automatically if it's the vehicle's primary weapon. For tanks with alternate weapons you need to order the commander to unbutton to have it happen.

This way a TC doesn't get killed servicing a weapon that's not essential, but at the same time keeps MG armed vehicles in the fight without me constantly monitoring their ammo status.

Doh, brainfart. Misread the second half of the OP. Don't mind me, then.