Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Just saw a short clip for Game Of Thrones

Mord

on HBO.

Been looking forward to this for a long time. It's my favorite book series. I still haven't read Feast For Crows yet (so no spoilers, please) been waiting for him to finish the book he's been writing before I reread the series, for the fourth time.

So anyways, the scene looked like where Eddard cuts off the heads of the Black Watch deserters...Sean Bean looked good, nice casting...'cept his hair was long...I could've sworn Eddard had close cropped hair in the book.

It said New Series 2011, so hope to see it maybe by fall. If they do this right, and at 10 hour long episodes per book they should be able to, it'll end up being the best adaptation ever put to film.

Mord.

Good question, I have HBO and watch it on a regular basis and have never heard of this series.

In other HBO news, Martin Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire series started today. I haven't watched the first episode yet but certainly plan on watching the series. Perhaps this show will garner it's own thread.

I want to believe.....but I'm sure it is going to be a pale shadow of the books.

I don't know, hard to say, but from some of the stuff I've read on Martin's site they sure seem like they are going balls out on casting....they've been casting even the smallest of parts from the book...so, fingers are crossed.

Usually books suffer on film mostly, from lack of time. Not enough space to tell the story and it gets compressed and things are lost...They have the time so hopefully they also have the passion for the material...

It'll have to really go some to beat Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Smiley's People. Those two showed how to do it.

Michael

Never seen or read those...but my call would've been Lonesome Dove, It was damned near from perfect book to filming.

Gunnergoz, it's the best fantasy series I've ever read...VERY light on the fantasy elements and heavy on intrigue, back stabbing and lots of good fights...Lots of Knights and pagentry, war...It's very adult oriented and almost like an historical novel with it's depth and breadth.

You should check out a couple episodes you may end up digging it.

I highly recommend the books...

Mord.