Quick Battle Glitch

-p-v-

I just purchased CM Afghanistan last night. Overall I like the game, & it's about what I expected from a first release. I'd like to point out an issue I found in quick battle - when you select which side you want to play, after you hit the start button, the sides automatically reverse. In other words, the "red force" & "blue force" buttons are mixed up. I had the "attacker" side as Soviet, the "defender" side as D.R.A., & I selected to play as the Soviet side. However when the game started, I was playing D.R.A. against the Soviets. I've tried this 3 or 4 times now & it's consistent. Just wanted to point that out...

The default Settings are Now These:

11lkmbm.jpg

Please try this test: select Attack QB. Try selecting Soviet forces (on the left-default setting)

Select any Muj force (on the right)

Play the scen any way you want but NOT author Mode. You should see ONLY the Soviet Forces Red Icons and, of course be able to move them, ect. If this is NOT the case:

Please save the file, zip and send to me: mark.ezra(AT)gmail.com The(AT) means @

I think there may be a QB Map that has design flaws.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I saw someone else noted this but can't find it - the dates of equipment appearing are also off on quick battle. I had my BMP-1 chewed up by a group of BMP-2D's in 1978!

I also don't like the lack of customization of the forces. I'm having a heck of time tryingt to get a combined arms (inf, armor, artil) quick battle going. (I know wrong theatre!)

I thought so, but it would be nice if it could be corrected. Those BMP-2 did make for a quick change up of strategy and it was kinda fun, until I realized my BTR's couldn't even get flank shots! I am enjoying these battles with relatively equally matched forces in Afghanistan. I got tired of the M-1 and Javelin vs.T-62, sagger, rpg-7 slaughters

Looks like Normandy may be better in this regard.