AAR Nupremal (Axis) vs. Dan

September 29, 1939 - the Axis Blitzkrieg has taken Poland by storm, but elements of the Polish Army continue to resist. It can't last and surrender will happen any day now:

AxisSept29Poland.png

In the Far East, Chinese irregulars struck deep into Japanese territory and cut supply lines, but failed and were destroyed in the process. The Chinese

2nd army group with irregular support struck the Yasuoka Tank Detachment - severely under-strength and recently railed in from the debacle at Nomonhon. However, they managed to rally and re-supply, and fast elements have caught the Chinese and cut off their supplies. Our generals assure us we shall turn this sneak attack back upon the perpetrators and destroy them. Meanwhile, the siege of Wuhan proceeds apace, and we expect the city to fall soon:

AxisSept29China.png

October 27, 1939:

Western Front - some unusual deployments by the French in the Maginot, but the bulk of the German Army remains in Poland but begins to redeploy West. The USSR finally finishes the job in Poland against stubborn resistance. It is clear that once we are ready, the Bolsheviks will be easy to brush aside. In the Atlantic, Graf Spee is damaged by French and British subs, but sinks several during the fight and escapes:

AxisGrafSpee.png

In China, it looks like 2nd Army Group will escape our wrath due to a heroic rear-guard action by the irregulars and rain, which grounded the IJA Air Force, while the siege of Wuhan continues as the Chinese rotate in fresh troops:

chinese2.png

Further South, Hata in command of the 18th and 15th ID manage to capture the port of Wenchow:

wenchow.png

Winter of 1939-1940 sees the Sitzkrieg in the west, though it looks like the French are re-equipping their Maginot units with better arms by rotating them to duty. In the East, we have reached a stalemate with heavy Chinese opposition in the south, and while we did chase off and destroy the 2nd Army Group in the north, it is likely to be re-organized from surviving cadre elements and we did not capture the numbers of prisoners we had intended:

Jan1940.png

Early Spring, 1940 and the Blitzkrieg destroys the neutral Dutch on their bicycles. Belgium finally gears up for war, realizing neutrality just means you are telling us you are weak:

dutchdie.png

In China, Anami gets sacked for his failure to take Wuhan and replaced by Kimura. Hata in the south, marching on Foochow, suddenly decides on his own to move South again. The IJA is getting beyond itself and seems to feel it can give its own orders now.

Following the attack on the Netherlands, bad weather prevents further attacks and gives the Belgians some time to mobilize. In China the grind continues with little success, though the port of Wenchow has been leveled and is finally free of enemy troops, or so we think - there may be a few holdouts in the rubble. Graf Spee reports in that she is very badly damaged, looking for a neutral port to effect repairs.

Belgium Falls, the Axis face off with the French line in April, 1940:

WesternFront.png

Our faith in Kimura is justified as he finally occupies Wuhan. Hata destroys the Chinese 15th Army. Japanese forces begin to advance on Changchun, and we lose the 17th Infantry to a swarm of motley Chinese. They died with a last banzai charge against the Chinese hordes:

WuhanFalls.png

He has used the following strategies against me so far:

1. Be a sneaky turd and sink all your shiny Battleships and Cruisers

2. Get the biggest brains in the country, lock them up and threaten to chop bits off them unless they develop all kinds of nasty technology asap

3. Runs around snipping off nice MPP producing cities from the fringe of your once mighty empire

4. Pops up in places you least suspect with a whole bunch of nasty friends

5. Then he steamrolls right up the middle flattening everything

All in all, quite a nasty fellow

well we are playing a mirror game and as i was playing my axis turn i noticed something

danaxis.jpg

so anyway in Greece my tanks scared the absolute **** out of his warships there and the Captain of a cruiser ran his ship into the dry dusty coastal mountains just north of Atherns. Hahaha.

Also you can see my Phearsome crew who are about to go and beat the snot out of the pommies holes up in Egypt