Some Questions on the direction of TOW series

tdogg

I saw a while back that the next TOW will be Korea. I'm skeptical because the pics showed lots of armor and korea wasn't really an armor heavy type of conflict.

What did look quite pleasing was the glimps of a strategic map / layer added to this latest installment.

I notice that all 3 TOW have been improved upon from one to the next, but at what point will the latest improvements become available to later versions ?

I would like the mission / campaign generator of kursk in TOW africa, and if you are adding a strategic layer you have gotta add that to TOW kursk.

I'm not privy to any developer information on these 1C Company titles. However I HIGHLY DOUBT that any of the improvements of later games in the series will make it back to earlier ones. So the original TOW game will not see the improvements of the TOW 2 Kursk 1943 game, etc. TOW 1 is actually an OpenGL-based game, while the later TOW titles are DirectX-based.

The most you can really hope for is that later games in the series have modders provide new unit/models, textures, etc. If there is a significant difference in the theaters modeled, then that can be an extreme amount of work for the modding community.

Well I'm not relly asking for improvements for TOW 1 that game is dead at this point. It is concerning that new games come out with the past games becoming unsupported with the latest improvements.

At this point in the TOW franchise why buy another game, you beat the campaign and thats it, on to the next game. I'd like to see more life spread to more recent titles like kursk and not just pumping more new games out.