Editing the sounds

Hello all..

After no responce to my last post in regards to the sounds in Kursk. I have decided to start editing them myself.

So last night i downloaded the SFS extractor. It failed to work. It wouldnt mount the sounds.sfs file, and icouldnt do anything with it. Or Anything with the other .sfs files in the directory.

I have the steam versions of TOW (1,2,3)

Running Win7 64bit.

Any help in regards to this would be VERY cool.. Thxs

Regards

Mike

Thxs for the reply Sneaksie :) There are 3 Extractors on the repository. Whish one should i use?

Also there isnt a awesome guide on the usage of it.. Do i place all the files in a folder anywhere then open the .sfs? Or dose it have to be in a specific place?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Download the latest version of SFSextractor and install it in ToW2 africa (if you have it) MissionEditor folder - for a reason or an other, I've never succeeded in making SFSextractor work if I'd installed it in ToW2 Kursk MissionEditor directory.

From ToW2 Africa, the extractor is able to extract all the Kursk files without problem, provided the fact that the path of the files to be extracted points toward ToW2 Kursk instead of ToW2 africa, and that you're using a filelist.txt listing the files from Kursk.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys sorry to bump an old thread that i started.

Im after the filelist.txt for kursk/caen to start doing these sounds.. ATM all i see is filelists for TOW/TOW2. No Kursk..

Can someone point me in the desired direction please?

Regards

Mike

Despite many attempts, I have been unable to get the extractor to work. I'm sure I'm missing something basic.

There is no TOW2-Kursk extractor, so I downloaded the TOW2-Africa extractor and installed in TOW2-Africa Mission Editor Folder. I downloaded the most recent file list (dated 5/17/09).

I ran the extractor from within the TOW2-Africa mission editor folder - WHAT DO I DO NOW?

How do I find the SFS files? What does the file list do - I think it is important but I have no idea what to do with it.

I've read through old posts - they don't give you a step by step guide as to how to get the extractor to work.

Any help would be appreciated. I have windows 7 - 64 bit.

the 64 bit extractor has a fileslist bundled with it. Who's file list is it. Tow2? I suspect if you have extracted the sfsextractor.zip into the kursk editor folder you may have overwritten the kursk fileslist.txt file.

Maybe someone could post the kursk files list in the repo please.