I think I'll go mad...

So I had a problem running the game lately - don't know why...first nothing happened when I installed the game, then I got a message pertaining to the eLicence thing.

Anyway, I decided to uninstall and reinstall...so I did. I fired 1.08 CMSF vanilla and it loaded. Got to the menu system fine.

Good...now for the Marines addon...so I add that, and then I get the error - same as before CMSF Marines Module - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

So I check and the Marines module is added to the DEP (as is Runservice and CMSF).

So I uninstall and reinstall again - same thing - vanilla CMSF runs, Marines screws it up.

Am I doing something wrong? Should there be a patch or something before I install Marines?

I suppose I better fill in a support ticket and stand in line - rather infuriating though.

If there is no change to the system, it is possible to uninstall the software and NOT unlicense it. When you reinstall the software again, it should see that the license is still active on this computer (taken from registry data).

Nothing is needed between installing CMSF and installing the Marines module. The Marines module will bring you up to v. 1.10. The modules will replace the actual executable with a version that supports the module, so the file will be a bit different.

The issue that you're seeing is usually related to DEP. ZoneAlarm could also be a potential culprit, but that should normally affect a base CMSF install too (since the issue is typically interfering with eLicense). I'm not sure if you've done this already, but you may want to delete the entries for CMSF, Marines and Runservice.exe and re-add them after installing Marines, but before running the game again. You may also want to temporarily disable any anti-virus/internet-security programs you may be running while performing the install and running the game for the first time.

Is your CMSF game a Battlefront distribution ? If not, you may want to double-check your installation path to make sure that the modules are being installed at the correct location.