Possible Allied capital bug using version 1.02

Hubert

I captured Washington in the USA as the axis (Axis of Evil) and the capital then transferred to Chicago. I then captured Chicago. However, the A.I. on it's next 5 turns keep placing new units around Chicago liked it still owned Chicago. I then surrounded the city with units and anywhere I left open the A.I. would place a new unit on its next turn. I even then moved off the city and the next turn the A.I. placed a new unit in the city recapturing it.

I have a saved turn but I do not know how to send it to you.

File sent. Thanks again for a great game and great support.:)

I think I know what's happening after running the turn with FOW off. The A.I. is placing units on the loop arrows on the West coast and "transporting" in. I believe once a city has been captured those loop arrows should be turned off. This is a similiar issue to the complaints in the PACIFIC expansion once Hawaii was captured by the axis and allied ships were "looping in" to Hawaii.

Thanks for tracing this a bit more and from what I remember this part of the design was intentional. I believe initially we didn't allow the units to move if across but then there was no way to counter attack with this restriction.

I guess what we could do is change the arrival position to be further back from Chicago if Chicago falls to the enemy and so on for the other loops as well.

I guess you could "redirect" the incoming reinforcements from the West to a city on the East coast that was still under allied control. If all cities were occupied by the axis I'm not sure how that would work. What does happen if reinforcements were coming to a city and it gets captured, are they stuck in "limbo" until a slot opens up?:confused:

That would work as well. You should not have to keep the city completely encircled with units just to maintan control. I think the map edge would be more fair. It would give the axis player at least a chance to counter the incoming reinforcements.;)